Wednesday 18 February 2009

Running


Back in the 80's a Bible College in Dallas produced a whole series of praise and worship tapes which at the time would have been considered "cutting edge". The name of the college is Christ for the Nations Institute.

I wondered if they were still around and producing praise and worship material, so I did a search on YouTube. I found some excellent clips there of what they have been doing.

It's good stuff. This song is called Running. For me the clip above exemplifies charismatic / pentecostal praise and worship at its best. Led rather than driven / performed. Focused outwardly - on Jesus, rather than inwardly - on me and my hang ups. Structured yet spontaneous - the spontaneous bit lasts for over five minutes. And best of all everyone is entering in.

No comments: