Tuesday 19 May 2009

More than an afternoon off

A friend suggested that the Reggie Perrin clip was a subtle way of saying I was taking a break from blogging. I trust that anyone else who has come to the same conclusion hasn't also read Reggie's angst into my absence from the blogosphere.

My little holiday came about as a combination of just being a bit too busy. I also was coming to the conclusion that I might be running on empty. Perhaps the Newt Gingrich post was a watershed that I didn't realise at the time. Newt was a more famous politician a decade ago - actually about 15 years ago. I found his conversion to Catholicism intriguing. When I revisited the post it just smacked of a blogger who was running out of things to say and blogging gratia blogging.

So watch this space. Whether anything will appear in it or not is another question.

No comments: